.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Indie Spinner Rack Issue #11: Part One

This Issue: Part One is our special Holiday Gift Issue! Over 40 indie comics gift ideas discussed! For the kids! For teens! For girlfriends! For the Ultra-Fan! Tons of great stuff that you'll want to give or receive this holiday season!

Click our festive logo for links to every item we mentioned!


Blogger Charlito & Mister Phil said...

So, here's some links for you for all the gift ideas we mentioned.

For kids:
Spiral-Bound , Owly , Patrick the Wolfboy , Bone

For teens:
The Amazing Joy Buzzards , Ghost World

For girlfriends:
Optic Nerve , Sleepwalk , Scrapbook, Summer Blonde , Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed? , Why I Hate Saturn

For the Ultra-Fan:
Carnet de Voyage , Dave Sim: Collected Letters , New York Sketches , Absolute Watchmen

Ephemera/For the boss:
Chris Ware: Monographics , McSweeney's Issue #13

The Push Man & Other Stories

Comic Strips:
Walt & Skeezix , Daydreams & Nightmares , The Complete Calvin & Hobbes , Krazy & Ignatz

Other great choices:
Mini-Comic Maniac Poster , Alan Moore Lithograph , Chris Ware: Ruin Your Life Serigraph , Comics, Comix & Graphic Novels: A History of Comic Art , Understanding Comics , The Comics Journal , Starchild: Awakenings , Acme Novelty Library , From Hell , V for Vendetta , City of Glass , The Fountain , The Alchemy of Mirrormask

Bang for the buck:
MOCCA 2004 Poster , Tiempos Finales , Drawn & Quarterly V2 #2

Stocking stuffers:
Matt Feazell mini-comics package , Carl is the Awesome , Mini-comics from USS Catastrophe or Bodega Distribution

Last, but not least:
A gift certificate for a local comics retailer , membership to The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund , and of course - an iPod pre-loaded with every episode of Indie Spinner Rack .

3:03 AM

Blogger renixx said...

I love your show and I'm so glad that I found links when I visited your blog -Tony

4:43 PM

Anonymous Jim said...

Wow! Thanks for all the links! That had to take some effort. Thank you.

12:51 PM

Blogger Charlito & Mister Phil said...

Hey Thanks Tony and Jim.

Mr. Phil went to town on that...
I guess thats why I didn't hear from him for days! Whew!

Happy Holidays!

11:00 AM

Blogger Bruce R said...

Hey guys, for some reason I only just discoverd your podcast when I wanted to mention your (Chucky?) review of the Push Man on Comic Geek Speak, on my own podcast. I immediately downloaded and listened to your mini-comic shows because I'm a big fan of small press comics, and actually did some of my own back in the 80's (most of which are online for free HERE.) I'm also currently doing another small press book called Dutchy Digest, which features the adventures of Amos Dingledorffer, the Pennsylvania Dutch Detective.
I loved your interview with Matt Feazell and got a kick out of how you played along with his gag involving his "payment" for Stick Figure Theatre. He's a great guy and really is the Godfather of small press (or King if you really prefer!). I'm pretty sure that I have indeed picked up a copy of one of Marcos Perez's Carl books but can't find it right now (I definitely need a good method of story small press comics!).
So anyway, I've subscribed to the 'cast and look forward to future shows!

11:15 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home